Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 1: Geologic Features in My Community

 I am blessed to live in a beautiful area. Our family took a hike to Stewart Falls, on the east side of Mount Timpanogos. We enjoyed the beautiful foliage, the mountains, the valleys, and the waterfall. You can get to Stewart Falls by heading to Provo Canyon, then turning off towards Sundance. Park at Aspen Grove and begin the wonderful two-mile hike.

Even the view from my house is amazing. Here are Mount Timpanogos and other mountains viewed from just below Battlecreek Canyon, East Pleasant Grove.

Another view from my front porch. In this one, you can see Grove Creek Canyon.

From the back deck, you can see, just beyond the trees, Utah Lake.

I also have a good view of Kennecott Copper Mine.

I recently moved from North Texas, where the land is beautiful, but not as diverse as what we enjoy in Utah. I love it here. I'm very excited to learn more about the geology in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment